Nephrology (Renal Medicine)
Nephrology – otherwise known as renal medicine – is the specialty concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases.
Our experienced Consultant Nephrologists treat a range of renal disorders including:
- kidney infections
- kidney and bladder stones
- kidney, urethra or bladder cancer
- dialysis and its complications
- renal vascular disease
- renal failure, either acute or chronic
- autoimmune diseases such as lupus, vasculitis
- effects of other diseases like high blood pressure or diabetes
- urine abnormalities: excess excretion of sugar, blood, protein, crystals, etc.
- tubulointerstitial diseases: disorders that affect the tubules in the kidneys
- glomerular disorders: the filtering system in the kidney, the glomerulus, is not functioning properly
Patients at our hospitals have access to the latest treatments and state-of-the-art equipment.
Nephrology (Renal Medicine) services are available at:
Parkside Private Hospital
The Holly Private Hospital