Neurosurgery is the surgical treatment of diseases affecting the central nervous system which includes the brain, spinal cord and all the peripheral nerves which can involve any area of the body.
Neurosurgeons diagnose, assess and perform surgery to treat disorders of the nervous system.
Some of the conditions that neurosurgeons treat include:
- tumours of the brain, spine and skull
- trauma to the head and spinal cord
- degenerative spinal conditions and prolapsed discs
- cerebral (brain) aneurysms and strokes
- movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease
- certain psychiatric disorders
- congenital conditions such as spina bifida
- conditions that affect cerebro-spinal fluid flow such as hydrocephalus
- pituitary tumours and neuroendocrine disorders
We offer regular outpatient clinics with Consultant Neurosurgeons at several of our facilties.
Neurosurgery services are available at:
Claremont Private Hospital
The Holly Private Hospital