Investing in Excellence
"Aspen has historically resisted highly leveraging its UK operations. This has enabled us to facilitate substantial capital investment in our existing facilities."
With the constant demand for demonstrating regulatory compliance and sustained business growth, Aspen Healthcare has shown that investing in all areas, and especially quality, not only protects the business, but makes good commercial sense. Aspen continuously seeks to demonstrate that sustained and, more importantly, balanced investment in excellence and innovation is key.
The following gives a timeline of Aspen Healthcare’s strategic investments:
Following a management buyout of Paracelsus UK from Paracelsus Kliniken Deutschland GmbH, Aspen Healthcare is established, consisting of two acute care community hospitals: Parkside Hospital in Wimbledon, SW London and Holly House Private Hospital (now known as The Holly Private Hospital) in Buckhurst Hill, Essex.
United Surgical Partners International (USPI), backed by Welsh Carson Anderson and Stowe (WCAS), acquires Aspen Healthcare.
An additional site is purchased in Wimbledon, SW London to enable expansion of the existing Parkside Hospital facility.
An additional site in Buckhurst Hill, Essex is purchased for the expansion of Holly House Private Hospital (now known as The Holly Private Hospital) facility.
- Aspen rolls out its first ‘Clinician Partnership Model’ at Cancer Centre London [with Clinicians owning 25% of the operating company].
- Seymour House Outpatients opens following an £11m construction project on the Parkside Hospital campus.
- Completion of a £21m expansion and refurbishment programme at Holly House Private Hospital (now known as The Holly Private Hospital) (including a fully digitalised theatre suite).
- Investment in a new 3T MRI Scanner at Holly House Private Hospital (now known as The Holly Private Hospital).
- Additional MRI scanner purchased for Parkside Hospital Outpatients.
- Aspen enters into a Joint Venture arrangement with Nova Healthcare, a specialist private patient facility of the Leeds Cancer Centre.
- Aspen acquires an additional 20% shareholding of Eye Docs Limited (trading as Midland Eye).
- Aspen purchases the freehold of The Edinburgh Clinic and remaining 10% minority shareholding interest.
- Since its acquisition in 2012, over £5m has been spent on refurbishment at Claremont Private Hospital.